Trenton’s practice focuses on healthcare regulatory compliance, healthcare business transactions, and general corporate matters. He regularly advises clients on state and federal fraud and abuse laws, including the Stark Law, federal Anti-Kickback Statute, and Texas Patient Solicitation Act, and assists in structuring complex transactions and business arrangements within the parameters of those laws.
His transactional experience deals with acquisitions and divestitures of small-to-midsized doctor and physician practices, and his regulatory experience ranges from advising clients on healthcare investments expansion, and diversification to everyday healthcare business requirements, including:
- The twelve-million-dollar sale of a local podiatry group to a nationwide practice group,
- A nine-million-dollar sale of a single-physician, multi-location retina practice to a private-equity backed nationwide practice group
- A six-million-dollar sale of a local physician-owned ambulatory surgery center to a nationwide ASC joint venture
- Structuring a single-site, multi-specialty, mixed-use constellation of orthopedic, urgent care, ambulatory surgery, pharmacy and imaging services
- Creating non-profit health care organizations certified by the Texas Medical Board
- Responding to Medicare inquiries
- Closing and transitioning medical practices for physicians who have died unexpectedly
Trenton also advises numerous health organizations and practitioners on their day-to-day corporate and regulatory needs.
In his spare time, Trenton enjoys writing fiction and traveling with his wife, daughter, and beagle.
Visit Our Publications Page to Read Articles by Trenton Brown.
Publications and Articles:
- “Health Care Referrals Out of the Shadows: Recognizing the Looming Threat of the Texas Patient Solicitation Act and Other Illegal Remuneration Statutes”, Mary’s Law Journal, Vol. 49, No. 4, Article 2 (2018)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Food Bank
- Annual Valero Benefit for Children